About Me

My photo
my blogs are my reflection !! keep following to know me better ;)

Wednesday 4 May, 2011

Ye kahan aa gaye hum...

Journey from Mumbai to Mysore was one hell of a journey.! Fortunately for me I had a bogie-full of friends travelling with me J

I still remember the time when our train started, my mom was inconsolable, I knew I would miss my family, but I was getting what I always wanted to do…Staying independent..!

Days, weeks, months passed by in exploring the place…WOW-ing all the food courts, the architecture of the campus..then came Diwali, the time by which I started getting homesick…shamelessly majorly 4 FOOD !

Went home, had a blast, but then what ? I dint want to come back…to my independent life…!! Naa Naaa…wanted to stay 4ever in the shelter of Ma-Paa…!

Dint even had d courage to tell Ma-Paa I don’t want to go back..came back to campus n started yearning even more 4 family members..n food ( pet khush toh main khush !)

This cycle continues till date…have fun, yearn 4 home, go home, have a fantabulous time there, don’t want come back, n dull period for another week, have fun..!

I always thought I was a strong gal( physically n emotionally) but both these beliefs have been severed badly after coming here..!!

I realized the value of family, friends, public transport ( ya I miss the slender, swift local trains :’( ),chat wala, vadapav ka thelawala..! So much realization in just a matter of few months ?? Waah waah..!

So why am I still here?

To try it out, staying by myself ..it was my choice afterall, n ya I know I wont get to be home , be with the relatives for much time at a stretch, but still the happiness, the satisfaction, the pride I see in my parents eyes, that beti badi ho gayi, khud ke pairo pe khadi hai..!! ( not in the context of marriage ..plzzz )

There are times I badly wanted to get out of this place to my comfort zone..Mumbai…but didn’t go back there because back home there are going to be restrictions ( “be back home by this time, no going out today…” something I always wanted to escape from ), plus, I haven’t even given the new place enough opportunity 2 prove itself, and don’t want to give my “hard earned” money for breaking the infy bond ;)

Plus the thrill of discovering ways of life, dealing with failures and bankruptcy, and cribbing about the place to everyone I talk to, keeps me going :P

Cribbing..aah what a relaxing thing to do..! Soothes and cleanses my mind for yet another day ;)

3 comments:

vixie said...

awwww sweetieee..
i still remember how verrryyy bad i was feeling that i wasn't able to come to see you off..:'(
after that you have indeed come a long way dear..!!
and all these months have only made me PROUD of you..!!
you have been and will always be an inspiration for me..!!
all the bestt for evrythinnn..!!

PS-
i know how much you love cribbing..!!! khi khi khi ;) ;) ;)

Maverick said...

nice read! btw, where is like button in ur blog? i need one ;)

vixie said...

@abhi..hahaha..true true..and i would say..
There should be a like button for comments
as well..:-) ;) ;) :)